Dry skin is a very common skin condition characterised by a lack of the appropriate amount of water in the most superficial layer of the skin, the epidermis. Areas such as the arms, hands, and particularly lower legs tend to be more affected by dry skin.
Many common skin conditions can cause dry cracked and itchy skin such as:
- Eczema (dermatitis) – a chronic skin disorder that includes itchy, scaly rashes.
- Psoriasis – an autoimmune disease that causes skin redness and irritation, usually in the form of plaques.
- Dermatographism – a raised, red, itchy rash caused by pressure on the skin.
Symptoms of dry skin include:
Discomfort from skin tightness and itching. In addition, external factors such as weather can affect the severity of skin dryness. For example, cold or dry air and winter weather can worsen dry skin. Dry skin may also be a side effect of some medications.
Our suggestion for the best natural treatment for dry, cracked and itchy skin :
PSOEASY Hypo-Allergenic Soap Bar is a unique combination of powerful active plant extracts, algae and Dead Sea Silt and is distinguished by its ability to penetrate skin pores, cleanse and purify skin thoroughly.
PSOEASY Hypo-allergenic Soap Bar is designed to relieve, alleviate and prevent numerous skin conditions caused by climate and environmental factors.
The soap contains a moist layer for renewing skin cells and restoring the skin’s external appearance. The reason for its appearance is due to the 21-day sun-drying process.
PSOEASY Mild Natural Oil is designed to relieve dry skin and improve skin hydration and softness levels.
The oil is made from a unique combination of plant extracts and Dead Sea minerals, which have been shown to be effective in the treatment of psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoea. Mild Natural Oil contains natural ingredients including: Sea Buckthorn Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Calendula Oil, Wheat Germ Oil and Grape Seed Oil and Dead Sea minerals – well known for their skin purifying and healing properties.
PSOEASY Active Cream is designed to treat and relieve dryness, redness and flaking of the skin. It is made from a unique natural formula, which includes Dead Sea minerals and plant extracts. The cream is an excellent source of nourishment for any skin type, however, it is especially effective at treating symptoms caused by inflammatory skin disorders.
Active Cream’s formula contains 21 natural ingredients including Calendula, Tea tree oil and Mahonia aquifolium.
Active Cream is simple to use, easily absorbed by the skin, does not stain clothes and leaves a pleasant scent.
Dry Skin Facts:
- Dry skin is a very common condition that causes small fine flakes and dry patches.
- Itching is one of the most common symptoms of dry skin.
- Scratching may be hard to resist.
- Dry skin is more common in colder winter months and drier climates.
- The elderly are more prone to dry skin than younger people.
- Dry skin is more common in individuals with a history of eczema.
- Extremely dry skin can cause cracks and breaks in the skin.
- Repeat itch-scratch cycles may lead to skin thickening and darkening.